This recipe for Better than Potatoes Cheesy Pureed Cauliflower caught my eye as every time I try to diet, I go low carb and that means nothing "white" and no potatoes. My sister swears by using cauliflower instead of potatoes (she's diabetic) and I've never been crazy about the watery taste mine had when I tried it. This recipe is fabulous and solves the watery texture issue.
1 head of cauliflower
1/3 cup heavy cream
2 Tbl butter
2 ounces dubliner or other sharp cheese
salt and pepper to taste
- Clean and trim the cauliflower, breaking it into medium sized pieces.
- Place in a microwave safe bowl with 1/3 cup of cream and 1 Tbl of butter.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for five minutes.
- Stir to coat cauliflower with cream/butter mixture.
- Microwave for another 4 minutes on high.
- Remove from the microwave and put into a high speed blender or food processor with the rest of the butter and the cheese.
- Puree until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.